BRAZIL’S INDEPENDENT GAME FESTIVAL - SUBMIT YOUR GAME
Submit your independent game by April 23 to compete for one of 11 awards, and a trip to Brazil. BIG is the 3rd biggest Indie Game festival worldwide and holds its 5th edition from June 24 - July 2, 2017.
In 2016 over 700 games were submitted to the competition. Winners will receive an opportunity to showcase their game for 10 days, and receive plenty of press coverage. The committee accepts games published up to 2 year before the date of the festival. Go the contest page for more information on the regulations and the previous finalists.
Awards by Jury vote include:
- Best Game: Trip to Brazil for the 5 finalists* + award and a prize of R$ 10,000
- Best Latin American Game: award and a prize of R$ 10,000
- Best Brazilian Game: support for trip* + award and a prize of R$ 10,000
- Best educational or learning game: award and a prize of R$ 5,000 - Sponsored by Dow Chemicals
- Best VR Game: award and a prize of R$ 5,000
- Best sound: award
- Best Art: award
- Best Narrative: award
- Best Gameplay: award
- Innovation: award
Awards by Public vote:
- Best Game - Popular Vote (the games competing for this are those exhibited at the Festival venue): award and a prize of R$ 5,000
About Brazil’s Independent Games Festival Brazil’s Independent Game Festival aims to strengthen the independent production of games, and established itself as a business hub in Latin America for local and international game developers. Last year, BIG had over 18,000 visitors, among those were approximately 2,400 professionals. This year among the professional attendees are companies such as Sony, PlayStation, and EA games.
The festival has multiple areas such as the Business Forum, and also has an area for start-up companies in need of investors. Start-up companies can hold pitch sessions in the BIG STARTER area and have an opportunity to present their projects to potential investors.
More information Please go to Brazil’s Independent Game Festival for more information on the contest and program. If you still have some questions or would like to receive more information please email to Eliane Russi via Eliana.email@example.com.